Log in to search using one of your social media accounts:

 

Fathers can influence the sex of their offspring, scientists show

(University of Oxford) It has traditionally been thought that in mammals only mothers are able to influence the sex of their offspring.But a new study in wild mice led by Dr Aurelio Malo of Oxford University's Department of Zoology has shown that fathers can, in fact, influence sex ratios.
Source: EurekAlert! - Medicine and Health - Category: International Medicine & Public Health Source Type: news

Related Links:

CONCLUSION: This study provides an overview of the clinical and paraclinical characteristics of patients with NMO according to the AQP4 antibody serostatus. Patients who are seropositive for the AQP4 antibody present greater clinical and imaging involvement. PMID: 28929473 [PubMed - in process]
Source: Revista de Neurologia - Category: Neurology Authors: Tags: Rev Neurol Source Type: research
CONCLUSION: Ivermectin has been useful as an adjuvant, achieving a significant decrease in seizures in this group of drug resistant patients. PMID: 28929472 [PubMed - in process]
Source: Revista de Neurologia - Category: Neurology Authors: Tags: Rev Neurol Source Type: research
CONCLUSIONS: Sativex can be considered an alternative in patients with spasticity associated with chronic spinal cord injury for whom other therapeutic measures have been insufficient. Further studies need to be conducted before the use of this drug can be recommended and so as to define a complete profile of its long-term side effects. PMID: 28929471 [PubMed - in process]
Source: Revista de Neurologia - Category: Neurology Authors: Tags: Rev Neurol Source Type: research
CONCLUSIONS: Altogether, 60% of patients with narcolepsy have a second associated sleep disorder (greater than the incidence of coexistence in the general population, of 20-25% of patients), and those reported are also the most frequent among the general population (SAHS, restless legs syndrome, periodic limb movement disorder). 36% of patients with narcolepsy have SAHS as an associated condition. Of these, 78% have reached a suitable degree of control over respiratory events; 57% have achieved control with CPAP, and the remaining 43% did not require CPAP for event correction with other methods. PMID: 28929470 [PubMed - in process]
Source: Revista de Neurologia - Category: Neurology Authors: Tags: Rev Neurol Source Type: research
PMID: 28929476 [PubMed - in process]
Source: Revista de Neurologia - Category: Neurology Authors: Tags: Rev Neurol Source Type: research
CONCLUSIONS: The new MBI criteria and their measurement using the MBI-C scale are promising for a better and earlier identification of patients at risk of developing dementia and as an aid to investigate the underlying neurodegenerative processes. PMID: 28929475 [PubMed - in process]
Source: Revista de Neurologia - Category: Neurology Authors: Tags: Rev Neurol Source Type: research
CONCLUSIONS: Although the presence of LFO has been considered as an indicator of the presence of the sensory thalamus, its wide extension by different thalamic nuclei suggests that it is an unspecific response to SSEPs. However, the restricted spatial location of HSO and their association with LFP suggest that these newly described potentials are the markers for the presence of the sensory thalamus. Their identification may prove very useful in thalamic deep brain stimulation either in awake patients or especially in those requiring sedation. PMID: 28929474 [PubMed - in process]
Source: Revista de Neurologia - Category: Neurology Authors: Tags: Rev Neurol Source Type: research
ConclusionThis novel tool predict with a good accuracy the presence and amount of ECE. Furthermore, the graphical interface available at www.prece.it can supports surgeons in patient counselling and preoperative planning.This article is protected by copyright. All rights reserved.
Source: BJU International - Category: Urology & Nephrology Authors: Tags: Original Article Source Type: research
To investigate a possible link between sociodemographic factors, the perception of smoking habits at school and smoking status of Italian adolescents attending secondary school.
Source: Public Health - Category: International Medicine & Public Health Authors: Tags: Original Research Source Type: research
BACKGROUND: Longitudinal fatigue data in children suffering from traumatic brain injury (TBI) are lacking. OBJECTIVES: To examine the effects of time postinjury (6-12 months) and injury severity on fatigue after childhood TBI. Secondarily, we compa...
Source: SafetyLit - Category: International Medicine & Public Health Tags: Age: Adolescents Source Type: news
More News: International Medicine & Public Health | Oxford University | Study | Zoology