Male Tuberous Breast: A Rare Variant of Gynecomastia. Clinical Considerations and Personal Experience: Tips and Tricks to Maximize Surgical Outcomes

ConclusionAlthough tuberous breast in the gynecomastia population is a rare clinical entity, it should be taken into consideration because it could benefit from some specific surgical measures. The use of glandular flaps showed a satisfactory reshaping of the pectoral area.Level of Evidence IVThis journal requires that authors assign a level of evidence to each article. For a full description of these Evidence-Based Medicine ratings, please refer to the Table of Contents or the online Instructions to Authorswww.springer.com/00266.
Source: Aesthetic Plastic Surgery - Category: Cosmetic Surgery Source Type: research

Related Links:

Wheat, grains, and sugars are major disrupters of male hormonal health, especially if visceral abdominal fat has accumulated. These hormonal disruptions can be responsible for reduced testosterone, high estrogen, feminization of the hips, male breasts, as well as fatigue, low libido, depression, and low self esteem. Correcting these awful hormonal distortions begins with wheat/grain and sugar elimination followed by the handful of basic efforts we make in the Wheat Belly lifestyle to restore normal responsiveness to insulin. The post Men’s lingerie is on the second floor appeared first on Dr. William Davis.
Source: Wheat Belly Blog - Category: Cardiology Authors: Tags: Hormonal disruptions Testosterone estrogen grain-free gynecomastia insulin love handles male breasts male hips man boobs visceral fat wheat belly Source Type: blogs
This article summarizes the key side effects associated with ADT and discusses strategies to optimize management. PMID: 30248169 [PubMed - in process]
Source: Oncology (Williston Park, N.Y.) - Category: Cancer & Oncology Authors: Tags: Oncology (Williston Park) Source Type: research
Abstract Testosterone therapy is increasingly common in the United States, and many of these prescriptions are written by primary care physicians. There is conflicting evidence on the benefit of male testosterone therapy for age-related declines in testosterone. Physicians should not measure testosterone levels unless a patient has signs and symptoms of hypogonadism, such as loss of body hair, sexual dysfunction, hot flashes, or gynecomastia. Depressed mood, fatigue, decreased strength, and a decreased sense of vitality are less specific to male hypogonadism. Testosterone therapy should be initiated only after two...
Source: American Family Physician - Category: Primary Care Authors: Tags: Am Fam Physician Source Type: research
Abstract Gynecomastia refers to an enlargement of the male breast caused by benign proliferation of the glands ducts and stromal components including fat. It is the most common form of breast swelling seen in adolescent males. During pubertal development, gynecomastia can develop as a result of transient relative imbalances between androgens and estrogens. Pubertal gynecomastia is self-limited in 75 to 90% of adolescents and regresses over 1 to 3 years. However it may cause significant psychological stress and depression in adolescents. For boys with persistent gynecomastia that is causing substantial tenderness o...
Source: Acta Bio-Medica : Atenei Parmensis - Category: General Medicine Authors: Tags: Acta Biomed Source Type: research
CONCLUSION: This case shows that side effects of medications can easily mimic some medical conditions. The possibility of unrecognized disease should not be overlooked simply because a patient's symptoms that develop after starting a medication correspond well the side effect profile of the prescribed medications. This is especially true if side effects do not stop with alteration of medication dose, cessation of the medication, or changing to another medication. Pituitary adenomas are rare in patients treated for PTSD. However, attribution of PTSD patient's symptoms to the side effects of selective serotonin reuptake inhi...
Source: Military Medicine - Category: International Medicine & Public Health Tags: Mil Med Source Type: research
Postfinasteride syndrome (PFS) is a term recently coined to characterize a constellation of reported undesirable side effects described in postmarketing reports and small uncontrolled studies that developed during or after stopping finasteride treatment, and persisted after drug discontinuation. Symptoms included decreased libido, erectile dysfunction, sexual anhedonia, decreased sperm count, gynecomastia, skin changes, cognitive impairment, fatigue, anxiety, depression, and suicidal ideation. The aim of this study is to review the existing medical literature for evidence-based research of permanent sexual dysfunction and ...
Source: Skin Appendage Disorders - Category: Dermatology Source Type: research
Discussion Klinefelter syndrome (KS) is a common genetic abnormaly with a prevalence of 1 in ~650 male births. It was first described in 1942 by Dr. Harry Klinefelter. It is associated with at least one extra X chromosome with the most common karyotype (~80% of patients) being 47 XXY. Other karyotypes are seen along with mosaicism. It is believed that although it is very prevalent, only about 25-33% of people with KS are identified. About 10% are identified before puberty with the rest usually identified because of hypogonadism and tall stature especially in teenage years or due to infertility in adulthood. KS is diagnosed...
Source: PediatricEducation.org - Category: Pediatrics Authors: Tags: Uncategorized Source Type: news
Abstract Gynecomastia is defined as excess glandular growth of breast tissue in males. It is a noticeable physical difference that commonly affects males in adolescence and old age. While often transient in nature, gynecomastia persists indefinitely in 10% of cases. Much of the literature on gynecomastia has focused on etiology and management. Little research has been done regarding the impact of gynecomastia on one's mental health and quality of life; however, some studies have suggested various psychosocial and psychological consequences related to gynecomastia. These consequences include but are not limited to ...
Source: Body Image - Category: Psychiatry & Psychology Authors: Tags: Body Image Source Type: research
I want to take this issue head on, since popular “wisdom” is that problems with consumption of wheat and related grains begin and end with celiac disease. The Wheat Lobby, for instance, frequently argues that, if you do not have celiac disease, you have no business avoiding wheat and related grains. Defenders of wheat, such as those cited in this New York Times article, argue that celiac disease affects 1% of the human population, but that the other 99% of people not only can consume wheat with impunity, but can actually do so and obtain health benefits due to fiber and B vitamin content. They say that eliminat...
Source: Wheat Belly Blog - Category: Cardiology Authors: Tags: Wheat Belly Lifestyle ataxia autoimmune diabetes gluten grains Inflammation iron neuropathy skin rash Source Type: blogs
I want to take this issue head on, since popular “wisdom” is that problems with consumption of wheat and related grains begins and ends with celiac disease. The Wheat Lobby, for instance, frequently argues that, if you do not have celiac disease, you have no business avoiding wheat and related grains. Defenders of wheat, such as those cited in this New York Times article, argue that celiac disease affects 1% of the human population, but that the other 99% of people not only can consume wheat with impunity, but can actually do so and obtain health benefits due to fiber and B vitamin content. They say that elimin...
Source: Wheat Belly Blog - Category: Cardiology Authors: Tags: Wheat Belly Lifestyle ataxia autoimmune celiac glutten neuropathy Source Type: blogs
More News: Depression | Gynecomastia | Laboratory Medicine | Plastic Surgery | Skin