Log in to search using one of your social media accounts:

 

Bug-Out-Bag and G.O.O.D. Box - What's in Yours?

Instead of the usual fighting on here (which hey; is a lot of fun sometimes), I figure we could actually come together and cooperate on a thought project. The southeast just got hit by two epic hurricanes. We all know that. I gotta admit; my "preparation" was a bit lax. In 1-2 days time, I managed to round up all the food/water/gear that my wife and I would need for 3-4 days and put it in a big ol' tuffbox and load it into the car in case we got the order to evacuate. It was a giant pain... Bug-Out-Bag and G.O.O.D. Box - What's in Yours?
Source: Student Doctor Network - Category: Universities & Medical Training Authors: Source Type: forums

Related Links:

ARTHRITIS is a common condition that causes pain, tenderness and stiffness in the joints but unfortunately there ’s no cure. One way to ease symptoms can be to avoid eating certain foods - refined carbohydrates like white rice have been known to stimulate inflammation.
Source: Daily Express - Health - Category: Consumer Health News Source Type: news
Could bracing after posterior spinal instrumented fusion help improve pain relief and quality of life?Spine
Source: Medscape Today Headlines - Category: Consumer Health News Tags: Orthopaedics Journal Article Source Type: news
Anyone have any insight into this field, it seems relatively new with only afew institutions offering the fellowship. Do you receive a general certificate as a pain physician, or are you limited to only pediatric pain management? What is the caseload? Terminal pediatric patients? Procedural heavy? I love working with kids but I'm wondering if there is a similar lifestyle to adult chronic pain practice? - important to consider every aspect of the field before committing to it.
Source: Student Doctor Network - Category: Universities & Medical Training Authors: Source Type: forums
ConclusionsDiagnosing internal jugular vein thrombosis requires a high degree of suspicion. Our study underlines that bilateral internal jugular vein thrombosis is a risk indicator for malignancy. In our literature review of internal jugular vein thrombosis, 85% of patients exhibited unilateral thrombosis, whereas the remaining patients had bilateral thrombosis (15%). The knowledge of predictive factors of internal jugular vein thrombosis seems to be of utmost importance to improve patient management.
Source: Journal of Medical Case Reports - Category: General Medicine Source Type: research
This study is a prospective, multi-center (DongShin University Gwangju Oriental Hospital, DongShin University Mokpo Oriental Hospital, and KyungHee Korean Medicine Hospital), outcome assessor-blinded, randomized controlled clinical trial with a 1:1 allocation ratio. Participants (n = 60) with a lateral ankle sprain occurring within 1 week of the study will be randomly assigned to either an acupuncture group (n = 10 at each center (totaln = 30)) or an AcuKT group (n = 10 at each center (totaln = 30)). The acupuncture group will receive acupuncture treatment at ST36, ST41, BL60, BL62, KI3, KI6, GB39, and GB40 once per day, 5...
Source: Trials - Category: Research Source Type: clinical trials
Igor Elman, David Borsook
Source: Frontiers in Psychiatry - Category: Psychiatry Source Type: research
Conclusions The peripheral sensations and discomfort caused by TMS pulses significantly and systematically influence RTs during single-pulse, online TMS experiments.
Source: Journal of Neuroscience Methods - Category: Neuroscience Source Type: research
The Daily Mail's resident GP answers your queries on everything and anything. This week,he deals with the effects of airport scanners, allergies chronic pain.
Source: the Mail online | Health - Category: Consumer Health News Source Type: news
Among adults 55 and younger, chest pain is the predominant symptom of a heart attack, but women tend to experience a greater number of additional symptoms too - and those lesser-known symptoms can be dangerously misunderstood, a new study finds.
Source: CNN.com - Health - Category: Consumer Health News Source Type: news
CANCER symptoms vary depending on which part of the body is affected by the tumour. Back pain and weight loss could be a sign of the bladder disease.
Source: Daily Express - Health - Category: Consumer Health News Source Type: news
More News: Pain | Students | Universities & Medical Training