Schoolchildren poisoned in India, heroin use in New England explodes: Weekly Web Review in Toxicology
23 schoolchildren dead in India after eating poisoned school lunch: Scores of schoolchildren were sickened and at least 23 were dead last week after eating a free lunch of lentils, beans, and rice cooked in oil. According to a report in the New York Times, the meal was contaminated with monocrotophos, an organophosphate insecticide. Descriptions of victims from some eyewitnesses paint a picture typical of cholinergic toxicity: vomiting, foaming at the mouth, and fainting. Monocrotophos is highly toxic and has rapid onset. It is banned in the United States but still used in other countries. Novel Hallucinogens and Plant...
Source: The Poison Review - July 23, 2013 Category: Toxicology Authors: Leon Tags: Medical death heroin india lead monocrotophos organophosphate pesticide poisoned lunch schoolchildren Source Type: news

Top 10 Common Medication Errors—Drug #4: Hydralazine and Hydroxyzine
Medication errors occur in the pediatric population in both the inpatient and outpatient settings. Clinicians should exercise caution to avoid these potential mistakes. (Source: Consultant Live)
Source: Consultant Live - January 9, 2013 Category: Primary Care Source Type: news