The use of a transolecranon pin joystick technique in the treatment of multidirectionally unstable supracondylar humeral fractures in children

Multidirectionally unstable supracondylar humeral fractures cause severe instability in both flexion and extension movements. The traditional closed reduction often fails to overcome this lack of stability. The aim of this study is to use a closed reduction technique with a transolecranon pin to achieve temporary stability. From 35 pediatric multidirectionally unstable supracondylar humeral fractures hospitalized between March 2012 and March 2018 at our hospital, 23 fractures (65.7%) were treated with closed reduction and percutaneous pinning (CRPP) (group 1) and the remaining twelve fractures (34.3%) were treated utilizing a transolecranon pin joystick technique of CRPP (group 2). Both groups were followed over 16 weeks. The outcomes of our analysis included surgical time, times of fluoroscopy, Baumann angle, postoperative range of motion and complications. The surgical time and times of fluoroscopy were significantly shorter for patients in group 2 when compared with group 1 (P
Source: Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics B - Category: Orthopaedics Tags: Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery in China Special Issue Source Type: research

Related Links:

Publication date: Available online 24 September 2020Source: Research in MicrobiologyAuthor(s): Shin-ichi Hirano, Yuki Ito, Shiro Tanaka, Toru Nagaoka, Takahiro Oyama
Source: Research in Microbiology - Category: Microbiology Source Type: research
Publication date: Available online 24 September 2020Source: Journal of Microbiology, Immunology and InfectionAuthor(s): Chih-Cheng Lai, Weng-Liang Yu
Source: Journal of Microbiology, Immunology and Infection - Category: Microbiology Source Type: research
Publication date: Available online 24 September 2020Source: Journal of Microbiological MethodsAuthor(s): Dana Gonzalez, David Keeling, Hannah Thompson, Allison Larson, Jack Denby, Kyle Curtis, Kathleen Yetka, Michael Rondini, Evan Yeargan, Todd Egerton, Danny Barker, Raul Gonzalez
Source: Journal of Microbiological Methods - Category: Microbiology Source Type: research
Publication date: Available online 24 September 2020Source: Journal of Microbiological MethodsAuthor(s): Xiaomei Wen, Yiguo Hong, Jiapeng Wu, Yu Wang
Source: Journal of Microbiological Methods - Category: Microbiology Source Type: research
Publication date: Available online 24 September 2020Source: Journal of Microbiological MethodsAuthor(s): David I. Walker, Basil C.T. Fok, Charlotte L. Ford
Source: Journal of Microbiological Methods - Category: Microbiology Source Type: research
Publication date: December 2020Source: Results in Physics, Volume 19Author(s): Ping Cui
Source: Results in Physics - Category: Physics Source Type: research
Publication date: Available online 24 September 2020Source: Results in PhysicsAuthor(s): Shabbir Memon, Moslem Paidar, Olatunji O. Ojo, Kavian Cooke, Behzad Babaei, Mojtaba Masoumnezhad
Source: Results in Physics - Category: Physics Source Type: research
Publication date: Available online 24 September 2020Source: Results in PhysicsAuthor(s): S.V. Mousavi, S. Miret-Artés
Source: Results in Physics - Category: Physics Source Type: research
Publication date: Available online 24 September 2020Source: Results in PhysicsAuthor(s): Yue-Qing Li, Yun-Xia Sui, Ji-Guo Wang
Source: Results in Physics - Category: Physics Source Type: research
Publication date: Available online 24 September 2020Source: Results in PhysicsAuthor(s): S. Assa Aravindh, Bin Xin, Somak Mitra, Iman S. Roqan, Adel Najar
Source: Results in Physics - Category: Physics Source Type: research
More News: Children | China Health | Hospitals | Orthopaedics | Pediatrics | Study