Preoperative Neutrophil-to-Lymphocyte Ratio Was a Predictor of Overall Survival in Small Renal Cell Carcinoma: An Analysis of 384 Consecutive Patients.
This study was approved by the review board (NO.XYFY2019-KL032-01). Between 2007 and 2016, a total of 384 consecutive patients who underwent curative surgery for sRCC at our institution were evaluated. Patients were divided into high NLR and low NLR groups by plotting the NLR receiver operating characteristic curve. The Kaplan-Meier method was utilized to graphically display survivor functions. Univariate and multivariate Cox proportional hazards regression analysis addressed time to overall survival (OS) and cancer-specific survival (CSS). Results: Of the 384 patients, 264 (68.8%) were males and 120 (31.2%) were females. Median follow-up time after surgical resection was 54 months. One hundred and eighty-seven (48.7%) patients had a high NLR (≥1.97), and the remaining 197 (51.3%) had a low NLR (
ConclusionsOur findings illuminate oxymatrine as an effective antitumor agent in renal cell carcinoma, and suggest it a promising therapeutic application in renal cell carcinoma treatment.
ConclusionReceipt of a PBT was an independent predictor of RFS and CSS in patients with surgically treated RCC, specifically locally advanced disease. Regarding the prognostic impact of timing or dose of PBT on survival, intraoperative BT and ≥ 3 pRBC units were associated with adverse oncological outcomes.
CONCLUSIONS: Our findings suggest an important role of the EMBP1/miR-9-5p axis dysregulation in RCC tumor progression. PMID: 32482375 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
AbstractRobotic-assisted laparoscopic partial nephrectomies (RAPN) have come up to standard treatment for small renal tumors, with a growing indication to accomplish this procedure. Although a horseshoe kidney is one of the most common congenital renal fusion anomalies, surgical planning for tumors is considered difficult because of its poor mobility and abnormal vascular supply. We showed our experience of RAPN in combination with conventional laparoscopic kidney mobilization and dissection for a patient with renal cell carcinoma in a horseshoe kidney. The patient was an otherwise healthy 66-year-old man with 26 mm ...
The patient is a 73-year-old male smoker with a history of 10 cm left renal mass diagnosed in 2011 requiring left open nephrectomy. Surgical pathology at that time demonstrated clear cell renal cell carcinoma (CCRCC), stage T2aNxMx nuclear grade 3 with negative margins. The patient completed 5 years of annual surveillance and was discharged from the urology service in 2016. In early September 2019, the patient presented to our emergency department complaining of gross hematuria. He reported two weeks of urinary “specks of blood” which gradually progressed to blood tinged urine with each void.
ConclusionsThe findings suggest that ccRCC and pRCC differ with respect to PD-L1 regulation by IFN- γ-signaling. HighPD-L1-mRNA levels in tumor tissues with a positive IFN- γ signature favorably affect OS and DFS.
The MD Anderson Cancer Center expert discussed next steps for those with von Hippel-Lindau disease –associated renal cell carcinoma being treated with the HIF-2a Inhibitor.
Kidney cancer is a lethal neoplasm that affects several thousands of people every year. Renal cell carcinoma (RCC) is the most common histologic type. Recent developments in the therapeutic approach include an...
Oliveira Klaas Kok Bruno Costa-Silva Rui Medeiros Clear cell renal cell carcinoma (ccRCC) is the most aggressive subtype of kidney cancer and up to 40% of patients submitted to surgery with a curative intent will relapse. Thus, the aim of this study was to analyze the applicability of an Extracellular vesicle (EV) derived miRNA profile as potential prognosis biomarkers in ccRCC patients. We analyzed a nine-miRNA profile in plasma EVs from 32 ccRCC patients with localized disease (before and after surgery) and in 37 patients with metastatic disease. We observed that the levels of EV-derived hsa-miR-25-3p, hsa-miR-...
Conclusion In localized RCC patients, obesity was an independent protective factor for CSS and RFS in a systemic inflammation state.