Metabolic medicine?

I read that chemical pathologists can specialize in metabolic medicine. I just stumbled accross this yesterday and found it quite intriguing My questions are: What do you guys treat and do, typical work and patient contact? All I hear its a relatively newer subspecialty and that they can treat any metabolic manifestations and are involved in parenteral nutrition. There's a fair amount of lab and patient contact which sounds cool. Involved in treating diabetes, hypertension, obesity... Metabolic medicine?
Source: Student Doctor Network - Category: Universities & Medical Training Authors: Tags: Pathology Source Type: forums